About Our Organization
SLO NightWriters is the premier writing organization on the Central Coast of California. Founded as a non-profit in 1988, our mission is to advance quality writing, promote publication, and expand author recognition in a forum that nurtures a spirit of community for all its members.
SLO NightWriters members are both published and unpublished. We write literary fiction, genre fiction, poetry, memoir, nonfiction, newspaper and magazine articles, and much more.
Many of us live in San Luis Obispo County, California. We call our portion of paradise SLO.
We must arrange our schedules in imaginative ways in order to create our stories. Oftentimes that means writing during nighttime's quiet hours. Hence our organization's name, SLO NightWriters.
By way of our website we welcome people from all around the world to join our group. In addiction, see below for further relevant social media networking links. You can find us Facebook, or visit our Blog. See links below. Happy NightWriting!
SLO NIGHTWRITERS IS MOVING!
Beginning with our December 10th General Meeting
Our new location is the Unitarian Universalist Social Hall,
2201 Lawton Ave., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
Near the Corner of South and Broad, Next to Meadow Park
We are very excited about our new meeting location, the Unitarian Universalist Social Hall in SLO. We’ll continue our same schedule of every 2nd Tuesday from 7-9 pm.
While NightWriters is not affiliated with the UU Church, UU has made their Social Hall available to us. The UU is centrally located in the city of San Luis Obispo, CA with easy access from the 101 freeway using the Madonna Rd. exit to Higuera St. to South St. There is a large and convenient parking lot on Meadow St. at the back of the church with a just few stairs and a handicap access ramp.
Our November 12th meeting will be at the PG&E bldg. on Ontario Rd. as usual, then we’ll celebrate the Winter Holidays on Dec. 10th in our new location at the UU and
continue meeting at the UU from that time forward. As always, we welcome all writers and their guests.
Click here for directions:
Check out what's new at
SLO NightWriters Blog...
Become A Member
We invite you to become a member. You can find our easy to complete Membership Application by either clicking the menu item in the top menu bar on the Home Page that reads BECOME A MEMBER. Share the camaraderie and support of a group of talented writers.
- A listing in our Member Directory, in which you can include your contact information, a live link to your website or blog, your photo, your brief BIO, your publication credits, etc. You control what information is made public or not.
- Participation in critique groups, contests, and special events of interest to writers.
- Listing of any books you've published, along with purchasing links, on our MEMBERS' BOOKS web page.
- A monthly copy of the SLO NightWriter,our lively and informative newsletter, presented to you electronically.
- Networking and support from both published and unpublished writers.
- Opportunities to submit work for possible publication to venues such as TolosaPress.
- Speaker presentations at our monthly meetings.
- Information about book fairs, writers conferences, and other relevant writers' new.
Tuesday, December 10th,
7:00 - 9:00 pm
Click HERE for Details
Featured Weekly Blog Posts
Anne R. Allen's Blog
....With Ruth Harris
Why Your Grandma Wants an E-Reader for the Holidays
(Even Though She Doesn't Know it)
Click on the link below to visit Anne's blog