Submissions are temporarily closed. Watch this page for next open submission.
- To be eligible to submit your SLO NightWriter dues must be current.
- Use standard manuscript format:
- Double spaced; readable font such as Courier, Arial, Century, etc.; 12 point font size.
- Send as a doc file, not a docx.
In the Header each page should have: (Use the Insert tab in your toolbar to create a header.)
- Last name
- Word count
- Page number
Word limit (strict): 650-789.
The Tolosa Press Publisher likes personal experiences which might have a positive impact on readers, something to which they can relate. He enjoys publishing writing that grabs the reader and keeps them interested until the end. He is not interested in “How to Write” articles or poetry.
- Human interest/Creative Nonfiction
- Short story /Excerpts
- Local interest/events/people
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “Tolosa Call for Submissions” in your subject line.
- Send as a "doc" attachment, not in the body of the e-mail.
- Include a two sentence bio at the end of the piece, even if you have submitted before. Bios should be in your article/story, not in the body of your e-mail.
All submissions should be the original work of the author. Note: You may submit previously published or submitted material.
SLO NightWriters reserves the right to edit submissions. Whenever time allows, the author will have the opportunity to approve more extensive changes.
If your submission is selected, Dennis Young, SLO NightWriters' Photographer may arrange to take your picture to submit with the article and/or a picture relevant to the article itself. Please do not submit pictures from other sources.
If you submit a second or third time, follow the same format, including your bio at the end. Bio should be in third person format: "John Doe is..."
Did you know that each of the three Tolosa Press publications has a circulation of 10,000 and they are distributed in more than 500 racks/locations in the county?
So, fire up you computers, or rustle through your files. Submit your very best work after diligent editing to give your work the best chance. Follow the twice a month SLO NightWriter Column in the Tolosa Press publications for your reading enjoyment and to get ideas of what is being published. You may access them online or from your neighborhood kiosk.
Look for current issues at tolosapress.com.
Please read and follow the Submission Guidelines carefully, as that will assure that your article or story will be considered. Again, edit and polish your piece so that if it is published, it will do you proud.
In the Rhythm of Writing
Tolosa Press, Submission Manager